An 1868 Gazetteer description of the following places in Cheam
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"CHEAM, a parish in the second division of the hundred of Wallington, in the county of Surrey, 3 miles from Epsom, and 5 from Kingston. It is a railway station on the London, Croydon, and Leatherhead section of the Brighton and South Coast line. It was given by Athelstan to the monks of Canterbury, and afterwards passed to the Lumley family, who built the old manor-house." (There is more of this description).[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003] These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.