An 1868 Gazetteer description of the following places in Crowhurst
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"CROWHURST, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Tandridge, in the county of Surrey, 8½ miles S.E. of Reigate, its post town, and 3 S.E. of Godstone railway station. It is situated to the W. of the Broadmead Water.[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Winchester, value £65, in the patronage of George Rush, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. George, is in the later English style of architecture, and contains three old brasses. There is a school."
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003] These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.