"FARLEY, a parish in the second division of the hundred of Tandridge, county Surrey, 3 miles N.E. of Warlingham, and 5 S.E. of Croydon, its post town. The parish, which is of small extent, includes a tract of common. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, value £195, in the patronage of Merton College, Oxford. The church is an ancient structure in the early English style of architecture. It is dedicated to St. Mary.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868), Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]