"LEIGH, a parish in the first division of the hundred of Reigate, county Surrey, 3 miles S.W. of Reigate, its post town. The village, which is small, is situated on the river Mole, and is wholly agricultural. The land is chiefly meadow and pasture."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868), Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]