"PYRFORD, (or Pirford), a parish in the first division of Godley hundred, county Surrey, 2 miles N.W. of Ripley, its post town, and 3 from the Woking station on the South-Western Railway. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Wey navigation, and is wholly agricultural. The line of the London and South-Western Railway passes through the parish."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868), Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]