"TANDRIDGE, a parish in the first division of Tandridge hundred, county Surrey, 2 miles S.E. of Godstone, its post town, and the same distance E. of Godstone railway station. The village is situated under the hills, near the South-Eastern railway. It is traversed by the road from Guildford through Godstone to Maidstone, and by the Roman Stane Street."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868), Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]