"THAMES-DITTON, a parish in the second division of Kingston hundred, county Surrey, 2 miles W. of Kingston, its post town, and 5 E. of Walton-on-Thames. It is a station on the South-Western railway. The village is situated on the S. bank of the river Thames, and is much resorted to by anglers. The parish includes the hamlets of Weston Green, Gigg's Hill, and Ditton-Marsh. In the vicinity are numerous market gardens and a brewery. The village of Long Ditton adjoins this parish. "
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868), Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]