"THURSLEY, a parish in the second division of Godalming hundred, county Surrey, 5 miles S.W. of Godalming, its post town. The village is situated on the river Wey. The soil is light. The land is partly in common and copse, and the remainder arable. Ironstone is abundant, and there were anciently several large iron foundries, the site of which is marked by the Hammer Ponds."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868), Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]