"WEST MOLESEY, a parish in the first division of the hundred of Elmbridge, county Surrey, 1 mile W. of East Molesey, 2½ miles N. of the Esher railway, and 4 W. of Kingston, its post town. The village, which is small, is situated on the Thames near Molesey Hurst. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The parish is bounded on the N. by the Thames, across which is a ferry to Hampton, and on the S.E. by the river Mole. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1815."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868), Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]