"WEYBRIDGE, a parish and large village in the first division of Elmbridge hundred, county Surrey, 3 miles S.E. of Chertsey, 5 N.W. of Esher, and 19 S.W. of London by the South-Western railway, on which it is a station. The parish is bounded on the N. by the Thames, which is here joined by the Wey and Basingstoke canal and the river Wey, across which last is an ancient bridge. "
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868), Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]