BINSTED (or BINSTEAD) is a parish, 3 miles west from Arundel, in the Western division of the county, Avisford hundred, Arundel rape, rural deanery and county court district, West Hampnett union, and diocese and archdeaconry of Chichester. The church of St. Mary is very ancient, in the Norman style, consisting of nave and chancel, and short spire with 1 bell. Here is a Sunday school. The parish comprises 1,086 acres, with a population in 1861 of 110. [Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Binsted to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Binsted has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU982063 (Lat/Lon: 50.847896, -0.606471), Binsted which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)