DURRINGTON is a parish, 3 miles north-west from Worthing, in Worthing union and county court district. There is no church, and the inhabitants attend the church of West Tarring to the vicar of which parish they pay a modus of £6 13s. 4d. The area is 891 acres, and the population in 1861 was l7l. [Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]
|St Peter, High Salvington, Church of England|
|St Symphorian, Durrington, Church of England|
|The Parish Church of St Thomas a Becket, Durrington, Church of England|
|Durrington Free Church, Durrington, Free Church|
|New Life Baptist Church, Durrington, Baptist|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Durrington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Durrington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ122052 (Lat/Lon: 50.835466, -0.408019), Durrington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)