EAST GUILDFORD (or GULDEFORD) is a parish, in the Eastern division of the county, Goldspur hundred, Rye union and county court district, and Hastings rape. The living is rectory, with that of Playdon annexed, joint annual value £450, in the gift of the Rev. C. Shrubb, and held by the Rev. Charles Meade Rainus, M.A. of Trinity College, Cambridge; the Rev. Leighton Robinson is curate in sole charge. The area is 2,430 acres, and the population in 1861 was 152. [Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from East Guldeford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which East Guldeford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ935215 (Lat/Lon: 50.960428, 0.754026), East Guldeford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)