NEW FISHBOURNE is a village and parish, a mile and a half west from Chichester, in the Western division of the County, Box and Stockbridge hundred, Chichester rape, county court district, archdeaconry and rural deanery, and West Hampnett union. The road from Chichester to Portsmouth and the South Coast Railway pass through the parish. The living is a rectory, value £180 per annum, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, and held by the Rev. Matthew Parrington, M.A., of Christ's College, Cambridge. The principal landowners are Francis Smith, Esq., of Salt Hill Park, and the Rev. Sir Thomas Miller, Bart. The area is 610 acres, and the population in 1861 was 341.
OLD PARK is a mile and a half south-west. [Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]