RUMBOLDSWYKE is a small parish, adjoining Chichester, in the Western division of the county, Box and Stockbridge hundred, Chichester rape, county court district, diocese, archdeaconry and rural deanery, and West Hampnett union. A branch of the Arundel and Portsmouth Canal skirts the western boundary of the parish. The church of St. Rumbold is a plain building of rubble, without any pretension to style, having 1 bell, chancel and centre aisle. The living is a vicarage, value £246 per annum, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Chichester, and held by the Rev. Stenning Johnson, B.A., of Merton College, Oxford. The area is 645 acres, and the population in 1861 was 582.
Holt is a hamlet of this parish. [Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Rumboldswyke to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Rumboldswyke has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU868043 (Lat/Lon: 50.831736, -0.768835), Rumboldswyke which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)