RUMBOLDSWYKE is a small parish, adjoining Chichester, in the Western division of the county, Box and Stockbridge hundred, Chichester rape, county court district, diocese, archdeaconry and rural deanery, and West Hampnett union. A branch of the Arundel and Portsmouth Canal skirts the western boundary of the parish. The church of St. Rumbold is a plain building of rubble, without any pretension to style, having 1 bell, chancel and centre aisle. The living is a vicarage, value £246 per annum, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Chichester, and held by the Rev. Stenning Johnson, B.A., of Merton College, Oxford. The area is 645 acres, and the population in 1861 was 582.
Holt is a hamlet of this parish. [Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]