SOUTH MALLING is a parish, one mile north from Lewes, in Lewes union and county court district, Ringmer hundred, Pevensey rape, with 2,680 acres, and a population in 1861 of 716. The living is a perpetual curacy and peculiar, yearly value £117, in the gift of Mr. Courthope, and held by the Rev. John Warburton. [Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from South Malling to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which South Malling has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ416111 (Lat/Lon: 50.882049, 0.011524), South Malling which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)