WARMINGHURST is a parish, 55 miles south-south-west from London, 5 north-east from Steyning railway station, in the Western division of the county, East Easwrith hundred, Worthing county court district, Bramber rape, Thakeham union. The living is a donative, value £50 per annum, in the gift of the Duke of Norfolk, and held by the Rev. Robert Blakiston, M.A., of Queen's College, Oxford. Area, 1,051 acres; the population in 1861 was 106, assessed at £874. [Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Warminghurst to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Warminghurst has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ117169 (Lat/Lon: 50.940733, -0.411544), Warminghurst which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)