WEST HOATHLY is a parish, 32 miles from London, 5 south-west from East Grinstead, near the Lewes road, 4 east from Balcombe station, and 7½ north-east from Cuckfield, in the Eastern division of the county, Buttinghill hundred, East Grinstead union and county court district, Lewes rape and archdeaconry, and diocese of Chichester. The church is an ancient Gothic stone building: it has nave, south aisle, chancel, tower and spire, with 5 bells. The register dates from 1690. The living is a vicarage, value £150 per annum, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, and held by the Rev. Francis Kirkpatrick, M.A. of Trinity College, Dublin. Here is a chapel for Independents, and a National school. [Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]
|All Saints, Highbrook,West Hoathly, Church of England|
|The Parish Church of St Margaret, West Hoathly, Church of England|
|St Dunstan, West Hoathly, Roman Catholic|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from West Hoathly to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which West Hoathly has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ364327 (Lat/Lon: 51.07742, -0.054252), West Hoathly which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)