WIGGONHOLT is a parish, 55 miles south-south-west from London, 3 south-west from Pulborough railway station, 2 north-west from Storrington, and 8 south-west from Petworth, in the Western division of the county, hundred of West Easwrith, Bramber rape, Arundel county court district, East Preston incorporation, diocese and archdeaconry of Chichester, and rural deanery of Storrington. The living is a rectory, annexed to that of Greatham, joint annual value £205 per annum, with residence and 9 acres of glebe, in the gift of the Hon. Robert Curzon, and held by the Rev. Thomas Bacon, M.A., of Merton College, Oxford. The parish comprises 841 acres, and the population in 1861 was 34. [Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wiggonholt to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Wiggonholt has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ061167 (Lat/Lon: 50.939992, -0.491277), Wiggonholt which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)