Places in Alstonfield in 1872
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales - 1870-2
FAIRFIELD HEAD, a township in Allstonefield parish, Stafford; 7 miles NE by N of Leek. Real property, £4,298. Pop., 817. Houses, 175. There are two small churches, and two Wesleyan chapels.
HEATHYLEE, a township in Alstonefield parish, Stafford; on the river Manifold, 2 miles W of Longnor. Real property, £3,097. Pop., 504. Houses, 110. The manor belongs to Sir John H. Crew. Much of the land is moor.
HOLLINSCLOUGH, a township in Allstonefield parish, Stafford; near the sources of the rivers Dove and Manifold, 2 miles NW of Longnor. Acres, 1,920. Real property, £1,071. Pop., 393. Houses, 97. The manor belongs to Sir John H. Crewe. There are a chapel of ease and a Wesleyan chapel.
[Description(s) from The Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) - Transcribed by Mike Harbach ©2020]