Bloxwich in 1859
Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis - 1859
BLOXWICH, a chapelry, or district, in the parish and union of WALSALL, S. division of the hundred of OFFLOW and of the county of STAFFORD, 3 miles
(N. N. W.) from Walsall. This place, from its vicinity to Walsall, participates to a considerable extent in the manufactures and trade of that town, and derives benefit from the Essington and Wyrley canal, which passes through the chapelry.
The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £143; patron, Bishop of Lichfield. The district church, dedicated to St. Thomas, is of modern erection. There are places of worship for Wesleyans and Roman Catholics; also a national school.
[Description(s) from The Topographical Dictionary of England (1859) by Samuel Lewis - Transcribed by Mike Harbach ©2020]