Bloxwich in 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"BLOXWICH, a village in the parish and borough of Walsall, in the hundred of Offlow, county of Stafford, 2 miles to the N. of Walsall. It is a station on the South Staffordshire railway. The Essington and Wyrley canal passes through this place.
The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield, of the value of £150, in the patronage of the Vicar of Walsall. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There are chapels belonging to the Roman Catholics and the Wesleyans."
"LITTLE BLOXWICH, a hamlet in the parish and borough of Walsall, in the hundred of Offlow and county of Stafford, close to Bloxwich."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]