Bobbington in 1859
Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis - 1859
BOBBINGTON (ST. MARY), a parish, in the union of SEISDON, partly in the hundred of BRIMSTREE, S. division of SALOP, but chiefly in the S. division of thehundred of SEISDON and of the county of STAFFORD, 9 miles (S. W.) from Wolverhampton; containing 418 inhabitants, and comprising 2676a. 3r. Qp.
The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £97; patron and impropriator, T. Whitmore, Esq., whose tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £543. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; and a free school was built, in 1792, by Hannah Cobbett, who endowed it with £1400.
[Description(s) from The Topographical Dictionary of England (1859) by Samuel Lewis - Transcribed by Mike Harbach ©2020]