Bobbington in 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"BOBBINGTON, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of Seisdon, in the county of Stafford, and extending also into the hundred of Brimstree, in the county of Salop, 6 miles to the E. of Bridgnorth. It includes the hamlet of Halfpenny Green. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield, of the value of £97, in the patronage of T. Whitmore, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is an endowed free school, founded by Hannah Cobbett in 1792, which has an income of £42 per annum. The other parochial charities amount to about £40 a year."
"HALFPENNY GREEN, a hamlet in the parish of Bobbington, county Stafford, 7 miles N.W. of Stourbridge."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]