Bobbington in 1872
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales - 1870-2
BOBBINGTON, a parish in the district of Wolverhampton, and counties of Stafford and Salop ; 3 miles W of the river Stour and the Stafford and Birmingham canal, 4 miles E by N of Hampton-Loade railway station, and 8 WNW of Stourbridge. It includes tho hamlet of Halfpenny-Green; and its post-town is Enville, under Stourbridge. Acres, 2,676. Real property, £4,130. Pop., 431. Houses, 87. The property is divided among a few.
The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £97. Patron, W. Whitmore, Esq. The church is good. An endowed school has £42, and other charities £31.
HALFPENNY GREEN, a hamlet in Bobbington parish, Stafford; 7 miles NW of Stourbrige.
[Description(s) from The Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) - Transcribed by Mike Harbach ©2020]