Bobbington in 1817
Description from A Topographical History of Staffordshire by William Pitt (1817)
The village and parish of Bobbington is situated on the western edge of the county, adjoining Shropshire, and about seven miles from Bridgnorth.
Here are two large farm-mansions called Blacklands (formerly the residence of Mr. Levingston, the antiquary), and Whittemore-hall; and Bobbington-hall, the property of the Earl of Stamford. The soil is a stronger and moister loam than Kinver or Enville.
The late Mr. Caswell bequeathed Bobbington- farm (charged with 10l annually to the curate of Bobbington), for the support of a certain number of scholars at Christ Church College, Oxford.
The church is a perpetual curacy within the peculiar of Bridgnorth: it is in the patronage of the Whitmores.