Bramshall in 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"BRAMSHALL, (or Bromshall), a parish in the south division of the hundred of Totmonslow, in the county of Stafford, 2 miles to the W. of Uttoxeter, its post town, and 13 N.E. of Stafford. It is a station on the Crewe, Stoke, and Uttoxeter branch of the North Staffordshire railway. Dugdale is a hamlet of this parish.
The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield, of the value of £200, with 40 acres of glebe, in the patronage of the dowager Lady Willoughby de Broke, to whom also the manor belongs. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is a neat structure, in the early English style, with low embattled tower. It stands on an eminence about half a mile south of the village, and was rebuilt in 1835. There is a free school, supported by Lady Broke. The parochial charities, consisting of the produce of the church lands, are worth about £16 per annum.
"DUGDALE, a hamlet in the parish of Bramshall, in the county of Stafford, 2 miles W. of Uttoxeter."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]