Edingale in 1817
Description from A Topographical History of Staffordshire by William Pitt (1817)
Edingale is a small village, situated on the eastern verge of the county, and the banks of the river Meuse. It is about six miles distant from Tamworth, and seven from Lichfield.
The church is a perpetual curacy in the patronage of the prebendary of Alrewas. It is a small building with a tower, and is situated on an eminence, but contains nothing remarkable.