Hanbury in 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"HANBURY, a parish in the N. division of the hundred of Offlow, county Stafford, 14 miles N.E. of Lichfield, 6½ N.W. of Burton-on-Trent, its post town, and 2½ from the Sudbury station on the North Staffordshire railway." (There is more of this description).
An 1868 Gazetteer description of the following places in Hanbury is to be found on a supplementary page.
- Draycott in the Clay
- Stubby Lane
- Thorney Lane
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]