Hilderstone in 1868
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"HILDERSTONE, a township and village in the parish of Stone, hundred of Pirehill, county Stafford, 4 miles N.E. of Stone. The village is considerable, and some of the inhabitants are engaged in the manufacture of shoes.
The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield, value £120. The church is a structure of stone with a tower surmounted by a spire. It was erected in 1833 at the expense of the late J. Bourne, Esq."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]