Milwich in 1859
Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis - 1859
MILWICH (ALL SAINTS), a parish, in the union of STONE, S. division of the hundred of PIREHILL, N. division of the county of STAFFORD, 5 miles (E.S.E.)
from Stone; containing 563 inhabitants. It comprises by admeasurement 2989 acres; the surface is varied, and the scenery of pleasing character.
The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £4.3.4.; patron and impropriator, G. Lewis Dyve, Esq. The great tithes have been commuted for £132.8., and the vicarial for £138.13., and the glebe comprises 2 acres. The church is a small edifice, rebuilt in 1795, with the exception of the tower, which is of ancient date. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans and schools were erected in 1833.
[Description(s) from The Topographical Dictionary of England (1859) by Samuel Lewis - Transcribed by Mike Harbach ©2020]