Milwich in 1872
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales - 1870-2
MILWICH, a village and a parish in Stone district, Stafford. The village stands on a small affluent of the river Trent, 2 miles NE of Sandon railway station, and 5 SE by E of Stone. The parish contains also the hamlets of Coton, Garshall-Green, and part of Dayhills; and its post-town is Stone. Acres, 2,987. Real property, £4,867. Pop., 567. Houses, 127. The property is much divided.
The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £95. Patron, G. Lewis Dyve, Esq. The church is a modern brick structure, with an ancient stone tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £20.
An 1872 Gazetteer description of the following places in Milwich is to be found on a supplementary page.
[Description(s) from The Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) - Transcribed by Mike Harbach ©2020]