Quarnford in 1872
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales - 1870-2
QUARNFORD, a township-chapelry in Allstonefield parish, Stafford; adjacent to Derbyshire and Cheshire, 5 miles SSW of Buxton railway station. It contains the village of Flash; and its post town is Buxton. Acres, 3,330. Real property, £1,181. Pop. in 1851, 665; in 1861, 549; Houses, 130.
The manor belongs to Sir John Crewe, Bart. A silk mill and a flax mill are at Gladbach. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £85. Patron, Sir. J. Crewe, Bart. There are a Wesleyan chapel and an endowed school.
FLASH, a village in Quarnford chapelry, Allstonefield parish, Stafford; 4 miles WNW of Longnor. Quarnford church is here.
[Description(s) from The Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) - Transcribed by Mike Harbach ©2020]