Some Railway Stations of Staffordshire 1872
BESCOT, a station on the South Staffordshire railway, 1 mile S of Walsall. Bescot Hall, in the vicinity, is an old moated edifice, and commands a fine view.
BIRCHILLS, a station on the South Stafford railway, 1 mile NNW of Walsall.
BRADLEY AND MOXLEY, a railway station in Staffordshire; on the Birmingham and Wolverhampton railwav, 1 mile S of Bilston.
BRIDGE (GREAT), a locality on the Walsall and Dudley railway, in Stafford; 2 miles NNE of Dudley. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Tipton.
DAISY-BANK, a railway station in Stafford; on the Wolverhampton and Dudley railway, 3 miles S of Wolverhampton
FOUR ASHES, a railway station in Staffordshire; on the Birmingham and Stafford railway, 6 miles N of Wolverhampton.
FROGHALL, a hamlet with railway station in Staffordshire; on the Macclesfield and Uttoxeter railway, near the Uttoxeter canal, 6 miles SSE of Leek. It has a wharf, colour-works, and limestone quarries.
GILLOW HEATH, a station on the Biddulph branch of the North Staffordshire railway; between Congleton and Black Bull.
HAMSTEAD, a railway station on the SE border of Stafford; on the Birmingham and Wolverhampton railway, between Perry-Barr and Newton-Road. Hamstead Hall is near it, on the river Tame; and is an old seat, with grounds notable for a lime-tree 23 feet in girth.
JAMES BRIDGE, a railway station in Stafford; on the Darlaston branch of the Northwestern, between Willenhall and Bescot Junction.
MONMORE GREEN, a railway station in Stafford; on the Walsall and Wolverhampton railway, 2 miles E of Wolverhampton.
[Description(s) from The Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) - Transcribed by Mike Harbach ©2020]