"Smethwick, the largest and most populous part of Harborne parish, is now divided into two ecclesiastical districts and has two churches.
North Harborne Church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, is a neat cruciform structure in the lancet Gothic style, with a lofty spire, erected in 1838. It stands on an eminence in the northern part of Smethwick. The vicarage is in the patronage of the Dean & Chapter of Lichfield, and incumbency of the Rev TG Simcox, MA."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851)