Tatenhill in 1859
Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis - 1859
TATENHILL (ST. MICHAEL), a parish, in the union of BURTON-UPON-TRENT, N. division of the hundred of OFFLOW and of the county of STAFFORD, 3 miles (W.S.W.) from Burton; containing, with the chapelries of Barton-under-Needwood and Wichnor, and the township of Dunstall, 2229 inhabitants, of whom 435 are in Tatenhill township. The Grand Trunk canal passes through the parish.
The living is a rectory, annexed, with the prebend of Abdaston, to the deanery of Lichfield, and valued in the king's books at £26.1.8.: the tithes have been commuted for £1337, and the glebe comprises 123 acres.
An 1859 Gazetteer description of the following places in Tatenhill is to be found on a supplementary page.
[Description(s) from The Topographical Dictionary of England (1859) by Samuel Lewis - Transcribed by Mike Harbach ©2020]