Walsall in 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"WALSALL, a parish, market town, parliamentary and municipal borough in the hundred of South Offlow, county Stafford, 8 miles N.W. of Birmingham, 6 E. of Wolverhampton, and 119 N.W. of London. The town was formerly confined to an eminence, but has of late years extended over the plain or marsh beneath. It is built on a small rivulet which runs into the Tame, is a place of considerable antiquity, and ranks as the second market and manufacturing town in the county. (There is more of this description).
An 1868 Gazetteer description of the following places in Walsall is to be found on a supplementary page.
- Little Bloxwich
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]