Walsall St Gabriel
St Gabriel's church, Fullbrook, was erected in 1939, and is a structure in red brick, in the Modern style.
St Gabriel's church, in Walstead Road, Fullbrook, built to the design of Lavender & Twentyman in 1939 is a building of red brick in the Modern style, consisting of a chancel, nave with west gallery for choir and organ, and lady chapel, and seats 510.
The church was built under a bequest by the Rev John Frederick Laing, late vicar of St Michael & All Angels, Caldmore.
The parish of St Gabriel was formed in 1939.
The living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of the Bishop of Lichfield.
Church of England Registers
The registers of St Gabriel, Fullbrook, Walsall commence in 1936. The original registers remain with the incumbent.
Nonconformist Church Registers
Records of Nonconformist churches in Walsall can be found on the Walsall page.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Walsall St Gabriel to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Walsall St Gabriel has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP014987 (Lat/Lon: 52.586104, -1.980769), Walsall St Gabriel which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)