Warslow in 1859
Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis - 1859
WARSLOW, a chapelry, in the parish of ALSTONFIELD, union of LEEK, N. division of the hundred of TOTMONSLOW and of the county of STAFFORD, 7 miles
(E.N.E.) from Leek; containing 519 inhabitants.
The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £105; patron, the Vicar of Alstonfield; impropriator, Sir George Crewe, Bart. The chapel, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is a neat modern structure., A school, erected in 1728, is endowed with about £17 per annum.
[Description(s) from The Topographical Dictionary of England (1859) by Samuel Lewis - Transcribed by Mike Harbach ©2020]