Warslow in 1872
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales - 1870-2
ELKSTONE and WARSLOW, three townships and two chapelries in Alstonefield parish, Stafford. Two of the townships are Lower and Upper Elkstone; and they lie near the river Manifold, 5 miles ENE of Leek town and railway station. The other township is Warslow, and lies 7 miles ENE of Leek. Real property of Lower Elkstone, £485; of Upper Elkstone, £1,389; of Warslow, £1,896, of which £54 are in mines. Pop. of the three, 689. Houses, 147.
The two chapelries are Elkstone and Warslow; and they have a post office, of the name of Warslow, under Ashborne. Both are perpetual curacies, but they jointly form one living. Value, £73 and £105. Patron, the Vicar of Alstonefield. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
[Description(s) from The Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) - Transcribed by Mike Harbach ©2020]