West Bromwich Holy Trinity
"Trinity Church, in the street to which it gives name, is a neat brick structure, in the Early English style, erected in 1841.
The perpetual curacy is in the patronage of the Archdeacon of Stafford and other trustees, and incumbency of the Rev Benjamin Wilmore."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
Holy Trinity ecclesiastical parish was formed in 1842.
The church in Trinity Street, is in brick, in the Early English style, and consists of a chancel, nave, aisles, north porch, and a western tower with pinnacles, containing one bell. The chancel was burnt in 1861, but afterwards restored, and the church was further restored in 1884.
Church of England Registers
The register of Holy Trinity Church, West Bromwich, commences in 1842. The original registers for the period 1841-1939 (Bapts), 1846-1955 (Mar) & 1842-1983 (Bur), and Banns for the period 1853-1938 & 1946-1978 are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office.
Bishops Transcripts for the period 1844-1847 are deposited at Lichfield Record Office.
Nonconformist Church Registers
Records of Nonconformist churches in West Bromwich can be found on the West Bromwich page.
The transcription of the section for West Bromwich Holy Trinity from the Topographical Dictionary of England (1859)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from West Bromwich Holy Trinity to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which West Bromwich Holy Trinity has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP003912 (Lat/Lon: 52.518682, -1.997009), West Bromwich Holy Trinity which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)