"ALDERMINSTER, a parish in the upper division of the hundreds of Pershore and Oswaldslow, in the county of Worcester, locally within the limits of the county of Warwick, 4 miles to the S.E. of Stratford-on-Avon. It is situated on the river Stour, and a tram railway, from Stratford to Moreton in the Marsh, passes through it. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £170, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is in the form of a cross, the nave being in the Norman style. It has a low tower."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Alderminster to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Alderminster has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP234484 (Lat/Lon: 52.133411, -1.659551), Alderminster which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)