"ASHOW, a parish in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 4 miles to the N.E. of Warwick. Kenilworth is its post town. It is situated on the banks of the river Avon, and was formerly part of the possessions of the abbey of Stoneleigh. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £295, in the patronage of Lord Leigh, of Stoneleigh. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]