Atherstone on Stour
"ATHERSTONE-ON-STOUR, a parish in the hundred of Kington, in the county of Warwick, 3 miles to the S. of Stratford-on-Avon. It is in a pleasant district, on the borders of Gloucestershire. The river Stour and the tram railway between Stratford and Moreton pass through it. Ailstow is a village comprised in this parish. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, of the value of £288, in the patronage of the Rev. Dr. T. Cox. This village was the birthplace of Dr. Thomas, the continuator of the "Antiquities of the County of Warwick", by William Dugdale. The principal seat is Alscot Park."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Atherstone on Stour from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Atherstone on Stour to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Atherstone on Stour has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP205511 (Lat/Lon: 52.157664, -1.701422), Atherstone on Stour which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)