"BADDESLEY-CLINTON, a parish in the Solihull division of the hundred of Hemlingford, in the county of Warwick, 6 miles to the N.W. of Warwick, its post town. The Warwick and Birmingham canal passes through the parish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £27, in the patronage of M. E. Ferrers, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. Baddesley Clinton Hall, the seat of the Ferrers, is a curious ancient mansion, surrounded by a moat which is crossed by a narrow bridge of two arches. The hall was erected by Sir Edward Ferrers, and was in the form of a quadrangle; three sides of it are still standing. The North Warwick hounds meet here."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]