"BARCHESTON, a parish in the Brails division of the hundred of Kington, in the county of Warwick, close to Shipston-on-Stour, its post town. It is on the east bank of the Stour, and contains the hamlet of Willington. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, of the value of £193, in the patronage of the Rev. G. D. Wheeler, incumbent. The church is dedicated to St. Martin."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Barcheston from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Barcheston to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Barcheston has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP265398 (Lat/Lon: 52.056185, -1.615334), Barcheston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)