"BEDWORTH, a parish and small town in the Kirby division of the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 3 miles to the S. of Nuneaton, and 5 from Coventry. It is a station on the Coventry and Nuneaton branch of the London and North-Western railway. The Coventry canal terminates in this parish, where it joins the Ashby-de-la-Zouch canal. The town, which contains a population of 5,651, is lighted with gas, the works of which were reconstructed about six years ago."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Coventry Road, Bedworth, Baptist|
|Croxhall Street, Bedworth, Baptist|
|Ezen, Bedworth, Baptist (Calvinistic )|
|Zion, Bedworth, Baptist (Particular)|
|Old Meeting Yard, Bedworth, Congregationalist|
|St Francis of Assisi, Bedworth, Roman Catholic|
- The transcription of the section for Bedworth from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bedworth to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bedworth has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP362869 (Lat/Lon: 52.47886, -1.468048), Bedworth which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)