Bourton upon Dunsmore
"BOURTON-UPON-DUNSMORE, a parish in the Rugby division of the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 5 miles to the S.W. of Rugby, its post town. The Rugby and Leamington branch of the London and North-Western railway passes near it, and has a station at Birdingbury, about 1½ mile to the north-east of the village. Draycote is a hamlet of this parish The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, of the value of £350, in the patronage of Mrs. Shuckburgh. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The charitable endowments of the parish are worth about £20 a year. The village is a meet for the North Warwickshire hounds."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Bourton upon Dunsmore from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bourton upon Dunsmore to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bourton upon Dunsmore has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP435706 (Lat/Lon: 52.331458, -1.363506), Bourton upon Dunsmore which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)