"BULKINGTON, a parish in the Kirby division of the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 4 miles to the S. of Nuneaton, its post town, and 6 from Coventry by road, or 14 by rail. It is a station on the Trent Valley branch of the London and North-Western railway. The parish includes the hamlets of Barnacle, Bramcott, Marston-Jabbett, Ryton, Weston, and Wolvershill, and is crossed by the Coventry canal. Ribbon weaving is carried on here to a considerable extent."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|School Road, Bulkington, Congregationalist|
|Bedworth Road, Bulkington, Methodist (Primitive)|
|Long Street, Ryton, Bulkington, Methodist (Wesleyan)|
|Rugby Road, Bulkington, Methodist (Wesleyan)|
|Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, Bulkington, Roman Catholic|
- The transcription of the section for Bulkington from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bulkington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bulkington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP392866 (Lat/Lon: 52.476089, -1.423674), Bulkington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)