"BURTON-HASTINGS, a parish in the Kirby division of the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 4 miles to the S.E. of Nuneaton, its post town. It is situated on the borders of Leicestershire, close to the Trent Valley branch of the London and North-Western railway, which has a station at Bulkington, 1 mile to the N.E. of the village. The Ashby-de-la-Zouch canal passes near the village, and the parish is crossed by the Roman way, Watling Street."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Burton Hastings from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Burton Hastings to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Burton Hastings has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP411899 (Lat/Lon: 52.505721, -1.395435), Burton Hastings which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)